About the Consortium
Consortium Goals and Action Teams
Outreach & Targeting Team
1. Goal: Build awareness of the importance of riparian areas and deliver outreach based on identified partner priorities, landowner interests, and restoration opportunity areas to increase strategic riparian investments.
2. Team Leads: Center for Watershed Protection, Conservation Partners LLC
3. Contact: If you’re interested in joining this team email Lisa Fraley-McNeal at email@example.com
Knowledge Network Team
1. Goal: Build knowledge and capacity about best practices, innovation, and by growing partnerships.
2. Team Leads: Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay
3. Contact: If you’re interested in joining this team email Jenny McGarvey at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Goal: Coordinate implementation and outreach based on targeting, funding availability, and potential for impact.
2. Team Leads: JRA, Trout Unlimited
The James River TMDL established a goal to restore almost 70,000 acres of riparian buffers, but only 11% of this goal has been achieved. To meet this goal, there is a great need for organizations to collaborate and leverage resources.
As the sole organization focused on the James River, the James River Association is in a unique position to coordinate this effort.
Dialogue + Design Associates is a community engagement and design firm based in Charlottesville that serves as the Consortium facilitator.
See the list of partner organizations below.